Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
In honor of the unnecessary Terminator sequel being released this week, I’m looking at the top 10 movies of the action star whose clothes seem to disappear during his movies just to show off his muscles. I am only using movies where Ah-nold is a primary star so The Expendables movies won’t be on here, despite the fact I think the second one is great.
10. Kindergarten Cop
-The action star’s first movie on this list is actually a comedy. It somehow works and is actually pretty funny.
9. Total Recall
– It’s very entertaining despite being slow in parts and a bit confusing. It sure beats the recent remake though.
8. The Last Stand
– The only post-governator movie on this list, The Last Stand is very entertaining and has some great action scenes. Old Arnold looks a little funny when he runs and the movie itself is not the best but it is a great time.
7. Collateral Damage
– The movie gets a bad rep because of when it comes out but separating the tragic real life events from the movie, it’s actually a pretty good revenge story.
6. The Running Man
– It was the Hunger Games before the Hunger Games were cool.
– The plot might be simple and the acting might be terrible but that doesn’t stop this movie from being so very entertaining. I’ve seen it more times than I can count and will watch it many more.
4. True Lies
– It is probably the best non-Terminator Arnold movie as a whole. It has great action and great comedy. The only reason it isn’t higher is the aforementioned Terminator movies and another that I find just a touch more entertaining that I would rather watch.
3. The Terminator
– This role was created for Arnold right? An actor who seems like a robot most of the time gets to play a robot. It’s perfect. Oh and the movie is a great action thriller. The only issue is it doesn’t quite hold up visually as it has aged.
– Just thinking about this one makes me want to watch it again. The action scenes are phenomenal, the story is simple but good, and it plays sort of like a horror thriller where you never really know who will die and when.
1. Terminator 2
– It’s not just the best Arnold movie, it’s one of the best movies in general (it just misses my top 10 list). The action is great, the story is good, and the visual effects are outstanding and groundbreaking.
Honorable Mentions: Eraser, Terminator 3, Conan the Barbarian
Let me know in the comments what your top 10 Schwarzenegger movies are.