Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
Though the summer movie season is drawing to close within the next few weeks, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any more good movies left this year. There are a ton of them and to show that, this is my top 10 most anticipated movies for the remainder of 2015. Disclaimer: Both the Hateful 8 and The Revenent (each would be highly rated on here) are getting limited releases at the end of this year before getting a wide release next year, according to IMDB. So I won’t include those on here.
– This one would have been higher but reviews haven’t been great out of the gate. I still can’t wait because Gyllenhaal has been killing it in everything the last few years. I won’t be able to see it this weekend because of vacation but hope to once I get back.
– Another boxing movie, this one also looks great. Looks like a fresh take on the Rocky series as a spinoff. Michael B. Jordan looks awesome as Apollo Creed’s son.
8. Sinister 2
– The first one was a really good horror movie, especially in the modern day. The trailer for this one looks at least as scary and hopefully it can live up to that.
7. The Gift
– I hadn’t heard of this one until seeing a trailer last week. It looks intense, scary, and intriguing. Also a different type of movie for Jason Bateman. This one definitely peeked my curiosity.
6. Fantastic 4
– I have to say the trailers look pretty good for this one. But I’m being cautious after the atrocities that were the last Fantastic 4 movies.
5. Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
– Put Tom Cruise in anything and I’ll probably see it. He has a ton of hits and very few misses. Between him and how good Ghost Protocol was this one definitely excites me. The trailer isn’t great in my opinion but that might be because I’ve seen it 18 times before every movie I’ve seen recently and it’s gotten tiring.
4. The Martian
– Matt Damon stuck alone trying to survive on Mars? An awesome trailer (albeit on that shows a little too much)? I’m in.
3. Bridge of Spies
– Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. Enough said.
– Daniel Craig has become my favorite Bond and this one looks like it will add to that. Plus it doesn’t get much better than Christoph Waltz as the villain.
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
– Is this an shock at all? Pretty much everyone is excited to return to the Star Wars universe in a way that hopefully makes us all forget the prequels. I only know like 2 people who don’t like Star Wars (you both know who you are). This movie is going to be huge and I can’t wait.
Honorable Mentions: Sicario, Everest, In the Heart of the Sea
Let me know which movies you guys are excited for in the comments.