Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
In honor of Bridge of Spies coming out this weekend, I’m looking at the top 10 movies of one of my favorite directors- Steven Spielberg.
– It’s not my favorite to watch now but as much as I loved it as a child (even though at times it scared the crap out of me), it deserves a place on this list.
9. War of the Worlds
– Another one about aliens, this one just happens to be geared more towards adults and is more exciting. Plus I’ll watch anything with Tom Cruise and probably enjoy it.
8. Catch Me If You Can
– This goes to show how great Spielberg is as a director and how many great movies he has. I can’t believe this one isn’t higher. It is a very enjoyable movie, even if it is a touch too long.
7. Schindler’s List
– It’s actually probably one of the best movies on this list. But the reason it falls so low is I don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again. Everyone should see it, but it’s a very tough movie to watch due to its realism.
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
– This classic is very close to be a cinematic masterpiece, if it isn’t already. Close Encounters is visually stunning and has one of the most intense endings ever.
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
– No to everyone who says it’s better than Raiders- It’s really not. But it is very good and by far the best of the Indiana Jones sequels.
– The reason we have the amazing summer blockbuster movie season we have now. It’s a really good movie and I’ll watch it at least every shark week.
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
– The stunts, the action, the acting, the adventure, the theme song- It’s all incredible and I watch this one at least a couple times a year.
2. Saving Private Ryan
– The best war movie ever made. It’s incredibly powerful and amazing to watch. Spielberg’s best movie. The reason it isn’t #1? Well because…
1. Jurassic Park
– I had to make a decision between what I think is the best Spielberg movie and what is my personal favorite. Saving Private Ryan is probably the best but come on- this one has dinosaurs. It was my whole childhood and I still watch it whenever I get the chance. I love it.
Honorable Mentions: Minority Report, Munich
Let me know your favorite Spielberg movies in the comments.