Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
The only suitable list I could think of for this week’s releases would be Top 10 Biopics because of Steve Jobs. However that is a much more complicated list that I just don’t have the time to put together right now. So instead I’m going back to last week’s Bridge of Spies and doing my favorite Tom Hanks movies in addition to my top 10 Spielberg list.
10. The Green Mile
– It’s an overly long film but it’s interesting enough to be enjoyable and has some great performances.
9. Road to Perdition
– A departure from Hanks’ normal roles, this one features him as a mob hitman trying to save his son. And it’s actually pretty good.
8. Forrest Gump
– I know this one is a lot higher on most people’s list. I just have a few problems with it and enjoy these others a bit more. It sure is quotable though.
7. Bridge of Spies
– His most recent outing is pretty good and some parts in particular are really entertaining. You can check out my full review here.
6. Captain Phillips
– His scene at the end (you know the one I’m talking about) just shows how great an actor he is. Oh and the rest of the movie is really good too.
5. Catch Me If You Can
– His back and forth with DiCaprio is great in what is a super fun movie to watch.
4. Apollo 13
– I watched this one again recently and it gets better each time I see it. It’s one of the best space movies ever made.
3. Toy Story
– Sure, it’s just his voice. But can you imagine anyone else as Woody? Exactly.
2. Cast Away
– This movie, more than any other, shows his talent. He makes a whole movie with just him and a volleyball really entertaining. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn’t seen it.
1. Saving Private Ryan
– A staple at the top of many of these lists, it’s one of my favorite movies and Hanks is a big part of that.
Honorable Mentions: Toy Story 3, Big
What are your favorite Tom Hanks movies? Let me know in the comments.