Today I woke up to some unexpected news. My site got nominated for a Liebster Award. Don’t know what that is? Yeah, I didn’t either. So I’ll explain. The award is intended to help connect people to newer and up-and-coming blogs. Each person who is nominated is supposed to nominate other blogs they think deserve recognition. Basically what this says is my site is amazing and people love it and everyone should follow it (kidding…. sort of). In all seriousness, it’s pretty cool for people I don’t even know to have found my site and enjoy what I do. I like sharing all of my movie-related thoughts with you guys and it’s nice to know you are enjoying it. I thought when I started this it would just be something friends and family would look at. It’s grown bigger than I could have imagined and I have followers from all over the world. Thanks to all of you.
I’d like to give a special shoutout to my nominator, Steph, who has a pretty cool movie related blog where she talks about trailers and posters among other things. Definitely check it out (link).
Back to the award itself, I (and anyone I nominate) am supposed to complete the following steps:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
5. Nominate 10 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
Obviously, I already completed the first two steps. So, I’ll do my best to answer the questions laid out by my nominator.
1. Why did you start blogging?
It was suggested to me that I start writing my thoughts on movies down in a way for everyone to enjoy. So I started my blog to get my ideas out there and it’s taken off in ways I couldn’t imagine.
2. Do you keep a diary, if so why? If not, why not?
I do not. My ideas of movies end up on here and anything else I keep to myself or share with my friends. No need for a diary.
3. What is your opinion on the growth of YouTube and YouTubers?
I love YouTube. It helps me out a lot as it is our primary outlet for our podcast that we do every week.
4. (I really like this question from my nominator, so…) What is your favourite film ever and why?
Die Hard. Hands down. You can also throw A Few Good Men, The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, and Jurassic Park on that list. That last one holds a special place in my heart since it is basically my whole childhood.
5. What is your favourite film trailer and/or poster and why? If you don’t have one, pick a trailer and/or poster you’ve seen recently that you’re excited about!
I can’t think of a favorite trailer necessarily, but the trailers for both the newest Star Wars and The Revenant have me overly excited for both.
6. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Haven’t even thought about it yet. I’m focused on getting through next week. Haha.
7. What is the best Christmas present you’ve ever given?
I honestly have no idea.
8. If you could do or be anything, what do you want to be when you grow up? (Even if you’ve already ‘grown up’!)
I’m in my final year of college and am currently applying to jobs to be a cop. That would be my dream job. I want to be able to help people and make the world a better place. If I can do anything involving movies on the side, I’d like to do that too.
9. Who would you be if you could be any character from a film?
I think it would be pretty cool to be Batman. He gets to take out the bad guys using any means possible with no questions asked.
10. What is your tip for saving the world?
Everyone just needs to be the best possible person they can be. If everyone is, then the world is a much better place.
And now onto 10 questions for those that I nominate. As this is a movie review blog, most of them will be movie related.
- The obvious: What is your favorite movie?
- Tell me a little about your favorite movie-going experience. What did it entail?
- Which upcoming movies are you most excited about?
- Where are you from?
- What place in a movie would you like to visit given the chance?
- What’s your favorite movie hero?
- What’s your favorite movie villain?
- What’s your favorite genre of movies?
- Who’s your favorite actor of all time?
- Who’s your favorite director of all time?
That does it for my nominations. They are all pretty cool blogs that have elements I enjoy. Check them out. I hope they will all participate in the nomination process and do as I have done. I look forward to seeing any of you guys’ posts.
Thanks again for all the support and the opportunity to get nominated for this.