Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
A while back I made a Top 10 Animated Movies list (check it out here), which is actually my most viewed post ever and it’s not even that close. But after seeing The Good Dinosaur last week, I decided that Pixar deserved its own list. So after looking at the movies coming out this week and not being able to come up with a suitable topic, I decided this week was perfect to do it. I’ve rewatched a bunch of these and some have shuffled positions from where they were on the animated movies list. Without further ado, let’s get to it.
10. Monsters Inc.
– I really enjoyed this as a kid, but it falls to the bottom of the list because I don’t like it as much now. That might be because it is more kid friendly whereas some of these others have more for adults to enjoy.
– Another list on animated movies and I still can’t get this one any higher. It’s good, but it’s overrated and I like these other ones a lot more.
– I’m a sucker for racecars and have been since I was a kid. So this movie gives me talking racecars and I enjoy it.
7. The Good Dinosaur
– Yes, Pixar’s latest makes the list. It’s not as deep as most Pixar movies but it has a good message and I had fun with it. Oh and it has dinosaurs which never hurts. Read my full review here.
6. The Incredibles
– I’ve always disliked this movie. Never hated it, just never understood all the love. But I rewatched it this week to give it a fair shake and it changed my mind a bit. There’s a lot to like about it. It may even be a little before its time as popular as superhero movies are now. Plus, since the family basically has the same powers as the Fantastic 4, we can say it’s the best Fantastic 4 movie ever made, right?
5. Toy Story 2
– I left the Toy Story sequels off the other list to make sure other movies got the credit they deserve. But they definitely make it on here because they are some of Pixar’s best. I like this one a lot, mostly because of all the movie references it makes. Kids won’t get it but it adds something in there for adults who love movies and can pick up on them.
4. Inside Out
– I’ve addressed it several times recently, but I definitely underrated this one originally. It has grown on me a lot since seeing it the first time. It’s one of Pixar’s best and a must watch for both kids and adults. You can also read my review for that one here.
3. Toy Story 3
– Is there any doubt this movie was made purely for those (like me) who grew up with the original? This one seems like it is definitely targeting an older audience. Not that kids won’t/don’t enjoy it, but it has a lot in there for adults. Which is probably why I like it so much.
2. Toy Story
– As much as I like the sequels, neither comes close to the original. And it’s not just childhood nostalgia, it’s a great movie.
1. Finding Nemo
– It was an unpopular choice to put ahead of Toy Story on the other list, and I’m sure it’s just as unpopular now. I love this movie and would choose to watch it over Toy Story if you handed me both right now. Both are great, but this is my choice for the best Pixar movie.
Alright, I know lots of you will hate this list. I can hear screams about Wall-E and Ratatouille being left off from here (I don’t like them at all). But don’t worry, you can sound off in the comments and let me know your Top 10 and tell me why I’m wrong.
Last Week: Top 10 Boxing Movies
Next Week: Still TBD