Top 10 lists will be a list of 10 movies that will be published once a week and will either have to do with a movie coming out that week or just what I want to do at the time.
At the end of my Top 10 Sci-fi Movies list last week, I teased a possible Top 10 Will Smith or a Top 10 something involving Christmas. After a week of what I’m sure was much anticipation for you all, I’m here to announce I’ve decided to go with… neither of those. I found a much more fun list to go with this week- Top 10 ’90s Action Movies. This is obviously because of the release of the dreadful looking, incredibly unnecessary remake of a nearly perfect ’90s action movie- Point Break. Where does the original end up on the list? Find out below.
10. The Professional… or Leon… or Leon: The Professional
– The title of this movie varies depending on who you ask. Its greatness does not.
9. The Last Boy Scout
– Ahh ’90s Bruce Willis at his best. This is one of the funniest movies on this list. It’s a great buddy cop movie as well.
8. True Lies
– Arnold Schwarzenegger throwing out great one liners and flying a jet trying to stop a nuke from going off. What more do you want?
7. Point Break
– “Woah dude”… This one ended up being a lot lower than I figured it would. The cheesy greatness is surpassed by the rest of these, but only by a small margin.
6. Bad Boys
– Like or hate Michael Bay, movies like this, and another on this list, are where he excels as a director. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence have great chemistry in this one.
– If Point Break introduced Keanu Reeves
as a terrible actor as an action star, this one perfected it. It might not make a lick of sense, but it’s still amazing.
4. The Rock
– Back to Michael Bay. Not only does he excel at making movies like this, he can also bring a decent performance out of Nicolas Cage. So, Bay is basically a miracle worker.
3. Die Hard: With a Vengeance
– The best of the Die Hard sequels, this one features a great team up of Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson running around New York City playing a very adult game of Simon Says.
2. Independence Day
– Though it is more of a sci-fi film, this is the epitome of a ’90s action movie. From the one liners to the fact that they beat the aliens with a computer virus uploaded from a Mac, this is a great popcorn flick.
1. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
– No surprise here. It takes what the first movie did so well and made it even better. One of the best sequels ever, and the best action movie of the ’90s.
Another long list of Honorable Mentions for this one: Air Force 1, Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man, Under Siege, Face/off, Mission Impossible, Rush Hour, Ronin, Goldeneye, Hard Target
What do you think? What are your favorite action movies of the ’90s? Is anyone actually excited for the Point Break remake? Let me know all of it in the comments.
Last Week: Top 10 Sci-fi movies
Next week: Top 10 Movies of 2015, possibly a Top 10 Worst Movies of 2015 as well.