With May around the corner, the summer movie season is about to officially begin. I did a Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2016 list at the beginning of the year but I wanted to look at the summer movies specifically. It’s my favorite time of year and there’s a lot to look forward to. It looks like any weekend not spent laying on a beach will be spent seeing a movie.
10. The Purge: Election Year
– For some reason I really enjoy these movies and I’m interested to see how this one turns out, especially with Frank Grillo returning.
9. X-Men: Apocalypse
– This one makes the list after the latest trailer teased Wolverine. He’s the best part of this series and I’m excited he will be returning.
8. The Conjuring 2
– The first one is one of my favorite horror movies, so I am interested to see where this goes. The trailer was kind of average, so it falls here to the 8 spot.
7. Finding Dory
– Does Finding Nemo need a sequel? Probably not. But I’m still looking forward to it.
6. Independence Day: Resurgence
– Will it be good? I give it about a 25% chance. But hopefully it’s fun of cheesy ’90s fun.
5. Free State of Jones
– McConaughey has been on a roll lately and this looks like it will continue that streak.
4. The Nice Guys
– This one kind of came out of nowhere but the trailers are hilarious and it looks like a good time at the movies.
3. Suicide Squad
– It has never seemed like my kind of movie but these trailers make the movie look like a ton of fun.
2. Jason Bourne
– Matt Damon is back and this moved towards the top of the list as soon as the trailer dropped last week.
1. Captain America: Civil War
– I was a little apprehensive until the early reviews started rolling in and were very positive. I can’t wait for it to kick off the summer next week.
Honorable Mentions: The Founder, The Shallows, Money Monster
What are you excited for this summer? Let me know in the comments.
Last Week: Top 10 Bruce Willis Movies
Next Week: Top 10 Superheroes