With the completely unnecessary sequel to Now You See Me coming out this weekend, it seems like the perfect time to talk about a legendary actor- Morgan Freeman. Spoiler Alert: That movie wasn’t even close to making the list.
10. Bruce/Evan Almighty
– So in all honesty I don’t actually like either of these movies. But they make the list because, come one, Morgan Freeman as God? Spot on casting choice.
– It isn’t Oscar material, but it is a lot of fun. Don’t watch the sequel if you’ve so far managed to avoid it.
– Not really one of the best sports movies, in my opinion, but Morgan Freeman turns in a great performance as Nelson Mandela in another great casting choice.
– While it is a touch overrated (though I may need to revisit it), it is nonetheless a very good western.
6. Gone Baby Gone
– Ben Affleck’s directorial debut is great, and
God Freeman is a big part of that.
5. Million Dollar Baby
– He isn’t one of the main stars, but he is an important part of this great boxing movie.
– This is probably the lowest this movie will ever be on any list. The only reason is his part is very small.
3. The Lego Movie
– Best animated movie ever. Definitely deserves this spot.
– It’s creepy, but probably the best detective movie ever made.
1. The Shawshank Redemption
– It’s a truly incredible movie that I waited too long to see. If you’ve never seen it, watch it as soon as you are done reading this.
Honorable Mentions: Kiss the Girls, Glory, Olympus Has Fallen
Which are your favorite? Let me know in the comments.