Well. They remade Ghostbusters. It’s getting released this week and looks horrendous. So in honor of that, here are some more terrible studio decisions. As always, let me know your thoughts in the comments:
10. The Longest Yard
– The sad part is it is one of Adam Sandler’s best movies this side of 2000. However, that’s a very low bar to clear.
9. The Day The Earth Stood Still
– This is a bit of a cheat because I’ve never seen the original (the only occurrence like that on this list). But it can’t be worse than this movie.
8. Total Recall
– How do you make a great Schwarzenegger movie boring and confusing? Add confusing plot points, Collin Farrell, and Jessica Biel.
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
– The original is still a great family movie. This is just brutal.
6. The Karate Kid
– I still can’t figure out why this exists and why Will Smith’s son is the lead.
5. Friday the 13th
– I don’t hate the remakes/reboots of Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween. They aren’t good but they aren’t terrible. At least not as terrible as Jason’s turn on the remake.
4. Godzilla (1998)
– It’s somehow boring and has some laughable acting.
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
– The original animated movie is a perfect Christmas movie. This Jim Carrey “movie” is a disgrace.
2. Planet of the Apes
– I like Mark Wahlberg as much as the next guy but he has some big missteps. This is one of the worst.
– I love the original so much. It is an amazing horror film. This was one of my first reviews ever (find it here) and boy is it borderline unwatchable. I hate it. A complete disgrace.
Honorable Mentions: Conan the Barbarian