It looks like Tommy Lee Jones is all set to phone in another performance in the useless Mechanic sequel. So I guess there’s not better time to look back at his career, one full of some extremely average movies. Yeah, I had to stretch a bit this week for my topic. Anyway, let’s get to the list.
10. U.S. Marshals
– We’ll start with a very average sequel. I don’t think it’s as bad as what many people say it is, but it definitely hurts itself by not being nearly as good as The Fugitive.
– Going from a very average sequel to an equally as average disaster movie. I think I still prefer Dante’s Peak in the battle of volcano movies that came out the same year.
8. No Country For Old Men
– Too low? Not to me. I don’t understand all the love. Granted, I may need to give it a rewatch.
7. Rules of Engagement
– It has flashes of a really good movie. Too bad a lot of it is just kind of boring.
6. The Hunted
– For some reason I really enjoy this one. I’ve seen it a couple times and find it really interesting. It’s also short so it is an easy watch.
– Great movie, but a relatively small part for Jones, so that’s why it isn’t higher.
4. Under Siege
– One of the best action movies of the ’90s and Jones plays a decent bad guy in this one.
3. Jason Bourne
– Considering this is only like the 3rd best Bourne movie and is number 3, it goes it goes to show how he doesn’t have a ton of great, stand-out movies.
2. Men in Black
– Gotta love it. Him and Will Smith have great chemistry.
1. The Fugitive
– In my opinion, his one truly great movie. One of the best ever.
Honorable Mentions: Criminal, Space Cowboys, MIB 3
As always, let me know your thoughts in the comments.