It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do a Top 10 list, but I’m doing 3 today as we look back at 2016, and ahead to 2017. I figured I’d start it off with the worst movies of the year, at least that I saw. I don’t particularly enjoy spending money to hate myself for two hours, so I don’t always see ones that I’ve heard are awful. Still managed to see some bad ones though. As always with these lists, keep in mind original ratings don’t matter a whole lot. Some of these movies I even reviewed somewhat positively. You can find those reviews by clicking on the titles below.
10. Finding Dory
– Yikes. I know people will hate me for this one. I enjoyed the movie as a kids movie, but couldn’t find much more than that to like about it. I love Finding Nemo and this sequel was unnecessary and let me down.
– There are things to like about this movie (Ben Affleck as Batman and some of the action scenes). But there are a lot more things to dislike. It’s a complete mess, it’s way too long, and Jesse Eisenberg is awful, to name a few.
– The trailer was misleading on this one. It promised a much different movie that what we got.
7. Central Intelligence
– I disliked this movie so much that I never even bothered to waste the time to review it. It’s got a few laughs in the beginning but then just reuses the same jokes over and over again and it just gets tiresome.
– I don’t even have anything to say about this one. Jesus. I was already out on the movie when the magic ghost woman and her brother start fighting the giant flaming skeleton. Or whatever that ending was. Spoiler alert, I guess. It doesn’t really matter. Don’t bother with this one.
– Really it’s more forgettable than anything else. I can barely remember anything that happened in it. Never a good sign.
4. Triple 9
– A great cast and an interesting premise is just flat out wasted.
– It’s. So. Unbelievably. Boring. Shocked it isn’t higher.
– I enjoy the first one more than most do. I actually really like the second. But this… is bad. Really bad. Stop making these.
– How do you mess this up this badly? They had like 20 years to get this right and did the opposite. The tease another sequel and we can only hope that never happens.
What are your least favorites of the year? Let me know in the comments and stay tuned for my best of the year and most anticipated of 2017 lists.